"Mother Nature's Blowtorch"
Also shown in the scheme are the electron carrier proteins cytochrome b5 and Cytochrome P450 reductase which supply the two electrons needed by cytochrome P450 to perform its function.
Structural Biology of Full-length Cytochrome b5 and Cytochrome P450
Some of the goals of this project include providing:
2) The high-resolution structure of Cytochrome b5:Cytochrome P450 complex in magnetically aligned bicelles.
3) Information on the dynamics of the Cytochrome b5 and Cytochrome P450, individually, in lipid bilayers.
4) Information on the dynamics and interactions of the Cytochrome b5:Cytochrome P450 complex in lipid bilayers.
5) Information on the dynamics and interactions of the Cytochrome P450 : Cytochrome P450 Reductase complex in lipid bilayers.
Publications on this project
- Dürr UHN, Soong R, Ramamoorthy A. When the detergent meets bilayer: Birth and coming of age of lipid bicelles. Prog. NMR Spec. 69(2013) 1-22.
- Pandey M, Ramamoorthy A. Quantum chemical calculation of amide-15N chemical shift anisotropy tensors for a membrane-bound cytochrome b5. J. Phys. Chem. B. 117(2013) 859-867.
Dürr UHN, Gildenberg M, Ramamoorthy A. The magic of bicelles lights up membrane protein structure. Chem. Rev. 112 (2012) 6054-6074.
- Pandey M, Vivekanandan S, Ahuja S, Kumar P, Waskell L, Im S-C, Ramamoorthy A. Determination of 15NChemical Shift Anisotropy from a Membrane Bound Protein by NMR Spectroscopy. J. Phys. Chem. 116(2012) 7181-7189.
- Veglia G and Ramamoorthy A. Preface: Special issue on Membrane Protein Dynamics: Correlating Structure to Function Biochim. Biophys. Acta 2 (2010) 65-67.
- Xu J, Dürr UHN, Im SC, Gan Z, Waskell L, Ramamoorthy A. Bicelle-Enabled Structural Studies on Membrane Protein Cytochrome b5 by Solid-State MAS NMR Spectroscopy. Angewandte Chemie-International Edition. 47 (2008) 7864-7867.
- Dürr UHN, Waskell L, Ramamoorthy A. The cytochromes P450 and b5 and their reductases-Promising targets for structural studies by advanced solid-state NMR spectroscopy, Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1768 (2007) 3235-3259.
- Dürr UHN, Yamamoto K, Im SC, Waskell L, Ramamoorthy A, Solid-State NMR Reveals Structural and Dynamical Properties of a Membrane-Anchored Electron-Carrier Protein, Cytochrome b(5), J. Am. Chem. Soc. 129 (2007) 6670-6671.
Publications on other membrane proteins the Ramamoorthy Lab has worked on in the past
- Kandasamy SK, Lee D-K, Nanga RPR, Xu J, Santos JS, Larson R, Ramamoorthy A. Solid-state NMR and Molecular Dynamics Simulations Reveal the Oligomeric Ion-channels of TM2-GABAA Stabilized by Intermolecular Hydrogen Bonding. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1788 (2009) 686-695.
- Ramamoorthy A, Kandasamy SK, Lee DK, Kidambi S, Larson RG, Structure,Topology and tilt of cell-signaling peptides containing nuclear localization sequences in membrane bilayers determined by solid-state NMR and molecular dynamics simulation studies, Biochemistry 46 (2007) 965-975.
- Pointer-Keenan CD, Lee DK, Hallock K, Tan AM, Zand R, Ramamoorthy A, Investigation of the interaction of myelin basic protein with phospholipid bilayers using solid-state NMR spectroscopy, Chem. Phys. Lip. 132 (2004) 47-54.